Founded in 1897, Buick is an upscale brand of General Motors as well as the the oldest automobile brand in the United States. Because it is marketed as a premium motor vehicle, Buick has a perceived reputation for safety and reliability. That being said, there have been numerous reports of defects and a variety of Buick models have been the subject of recalls.
Timothy Abeel & Associates is the premier consumer law firm serving clients in New Jersey and Pennsylvania. We are well versed in applicable Lemon Laws and have extensive experience obtaining meaningful compensation for Buick owners and lessees.
Common Buick Problems
Despite being positioned as a premium automobile, there have been numerous reports of problems with a variety of models such as the Buick Encore, Buick Envision, Buick LaCrosse, Buick Lucerne, and Buick Regal. This includes vibration or noise emanating from the steering column, transmission problems, electrical problems, water, oil and transmission fluid leaks, among others. If you’ve repeatedly taken your Buick in for repairs that have not been resolved, our legal team will work diligently to enforce your rights.
In addition to owner complaints, there have been numerous Buick recalls over the years.
- In July 2017, General Motors announced the recall of certain model year 2016-2017 Buick Envisions. Head restraint posts were not correctly installed in the seat back, and the fronts head restraints could loosen or dislodge, increasing the risk of injury in an accident. Dealers were instructed to inspect and reinstall the head restraint holders.
- In May 2017, GM recalled 11,246 model year Buick Lacrosse vehicles. The rear suspension toe-links may have been incorrectly installed and could loosen or disconnect from the rear suspension system. This could lead to a loss of vehicle control, increasing the risk of an accident. GM instructed dealers to inspect the left and right rear suspension toe-link assemblies, correcting their installation as needed.
- GM also recalled 2,085 model year 2017 Buick LaCrosses due to a defect in the Electronic POwer Steering (EPS) system. The electrical connectors for the EPS were not properly sealed, allowing water to enter and corrode the connectors. This could result in a loss of power steering and increased manual steering effort, increasing the risk of an accident. GM instructed dealers to inspect and secure the EPS connector seals.
- In January 2017, 327 model year 2016 Buick Envisions were recalled due to brake defects. The master cylinder brake lines could crack and leak brake fluid, reducing braking performance and increasing the risk of an accident. Dealers were instructed to replace the master cylinder brake lines.
- In September 2016, the NHTSA instructed GM to recall certain model year 2017 Buick Encore vehicles as well as other GM brands. Under certain driving conditions, the airbag sensing and diagnostic module (SDM) software could trigger a diagnostic test. This may lead to the front seat airbags and seat belt pretensioners inadvertently deploying, increasing the risk of injury to the driver and front passenger. GM instructed dealers to replace the SDM in vehicles that experienced a deployment and reflash the software in others that did not.
Experienced Buick Defect Attorneys
If you own or lease a Buick that experienced a problem which the dealer cannot or refused to repair, you have rights as a consumer under applicable state and federal laws. At Timothy Abeel & Associates, P.C., our dedicated legal team has a proven track record of pursuing successful Buick Lemon Law claims
We will conduct a thorough investigation to determine whether your vehicle had a defect that was not repaired after multiple attempts. We know that defects can have an impact on the safety and use of your vehicle and will help you obtain the compensation you deserve. If your claim is valid, you may be entitled to cash compensation, or having your vehicle replaced or repurchased. Under state lemon laws, you may also be able to recover attorney’s fees and costs.
Although manufacturers are responsible for ensuring the automobiles they provide are safe and reliable and properly handling repairs and recalls, enforcing your consumer rights requires the skills of a highly capable attorney. Call our office today for a free consultation or fill out the contact form on our website.
Don't see your car listed?
If your car was manufactured between 2018 and 2023 we may be able to help. Contact us for more information.